We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
So you want to know how to set up google webmaster tool. It is not a difficult process and I’ll walk you through the steps you’ll need to take to set yours up as well as share a video from my favorite training course, the wealthy affiliate
How To Set Up Google Webmaster Tool – What Is The Google Webmaster Tool
Googles webmaster tool is Google’s platform that let’s you to check the indexing status of your website as well as optimizing so it’s easy for google to index and crawl your site. It also includes these other functions as well:
- Search Appearance
- Search Traffic
- Google Index
- Security Issues
- Web Tools
Let’s dive a little deeper into each function.
The search appearance tool is comprised of 5 different functions:
- Structured Data: Structured data shows you how many top level items are tagged in html code. This helps Google understand what the page it’s on is all about. It will also let you know if it finds errors on the page
- Rich Cards: Rich cards are basically a tool that adds a more engaging visual experience to the end user. Mostly benefits Mobile. Also let’s you know if you have any Rich Card errors.
- Data Highlighter: This tool allows you to highlight important information on your page. Then Google will add that highlighted text into the search result.
- HTML Improvements: This will give you advice on what you can do to improve your sites user experience and performance.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages: This report will let you know which pages you have errors on as far as mobile goes that is keeping google from finding them.
The search traffic tool is comprised of 6 different functions:
- Search Analytics: This function shows you total clicks, total impressions, Average CTR, Average Position, Queries, Pages, Countries, Devices and Search Appearance. I’ll do another post which dives deeper into this at another time.
- Links To Your Site: This tool allows you to see which sites link back to your site.
- Internal Links: This shows you which pages on your site link with other pages on your site.
- Manual Actions: This report will show you if One of Googles reviewers has found that you are trying to manipulate the search engine.
- International Targeting: This lets you target you audience on location and language settings.
- Mobile Usability: This report shows you which pages on your site have mobile issues.
The Google index tool is comprised of 3 different functions:
- Index Status: This function allows you to see which pages have been indexed and which ones are not indexed.
- Blocked Resources: This report will show you which robot.txt files are blocking google bot from crawling your site.
- Remove URLs: This tools allows you to temporarily remove URLs that you own from the search results.
The crawl tool has 6 different functions:
- Crawl Errors: This report lets you see what errors google found when they crawled your site.
- Crawl Stats: This report shows you google bots activity on your site in the last 90 days. Including: Pages crawled per day, Kilobytes downloaded per day and time spent downloading a page.
- Fetch As Google: This function allows you to add any URL from your site and enter it to have Google index that page faster.
- Robots.txt Tester: This tool allows you to enter any URL on your site and test it to make sure Google Bot allows that URL
- Sitemaps: This let’s you add sitemaps from your site into webmaster tools and let’s you know if Google sees your sitemap.
- URL Parameters: This let’s you indicate to Google how they should crawl your site. I would only use this function if you know exactly how parameters work or you could lose some sites in the search results.
Google will inform you if they have found any security issues with your sites content. This includes getting hacked or someone getting Malware on your site.
This takes you to the Ad Experience Report. In this report you’ll get Desktop reports, Mobile reports, Abusive experiences, testing tools, and a search console.
How To Set Up Google Webmaster Tool – Setting Up Video
Below you’ll find a great training video from my Wealthy Affiliate program. This is just one of hundreds of training videos inside the members area. Just click the image below to learn how to set up Google webmaster tool.
So as you can see Google webmaster tool is a great tool to have. And you can see how easy it is to set it up.
If you’re looking to join my #1 recommended program which is the Wealthy Affiliate, you can join it for free here
I Have a Favor To Ask
If you enjoyed this post and found it informational please leave a comment below. I’d like to add more informational training posts to my site and positive feedback will get me motivation to do more.
Also, if you have any questions please feel free to ask them in the comment section and I’ll do my best to get you the answer.
My name is Ron Johnson and I have been learning how to come up with extra cash ideas for a few years now. I am not an expert at marketing but I have learned different techniques that have added some nice extra income into my bank account. You can learn more about me by visiting my all about Ron page.